SUSTAINABILITY OR CSR?
Often the terms Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) are considered synonymous, but actually there is a substantial difference among them:
- Sustainability indicates a type of development capable of ensuring the satisfaction of the needs of the present generation without compromising the possibility of future generations to realize theirs.
For development to be considered sustainable, it must cover three areas:
- Environmental: safeguarding and guaranteeing the availability of natural resources
- Social: quality of life and access to services for people
- Economic: efficiency, profitability and inclusiveness for companies.
- Corporate Social Responsibility, on the other hand, is the set of tools and actions that companies implement with the aim of promoting and implementing the three areas of sustainability.
The two notions are closely related and the difference between them can be summarized as follows: sustainability is the highest goal to aim for, a calibrated balance between the economic, social and environmental dimensions, while Corporate Social Responsibility are actions and means by which companies can achieve the goal.
Companies that carry out CSR projects voluntarily integrate them into their strategies, business operations and relationships with interested parties.
By doing so, they demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity regarding the repercussions of their operations on society and the environment: in fact, they go beyond legal obligations and aim to minimize their impact.
As a result of the determination and wishes of the Assosvezia Council, with the support of Swedish Institutions in Italy, the Assosvezia Sustainability Award was set up in 2018. The idea came from the belief that sustainability and CSR activities are of primary importance for the development and growth of modern companies, so that they are not only focused on the environment in which they operate, but also feel the responsibility to preserve it and, where possible, make it better.
That is why it is important to give recognition to those who work, day after day, so that these positive objectives can be put into practice.
We want to reward those who choose to invest in sustainability, which is not a matter of money, but rather of commitment.
WHO CAN ENTER FOR THE AWARD?
- Both Swedish and Italian companies can enter: no limitations on industry sector or size
- The sustainability project must have been completed or be in progress during the current year
- The submitted project must be carried out or implemented in Italy
- Any sustainability topic can be submitted
- Companies which are not members of Assosvezia may also enter for the award provided that the projects comply with the above rules.
Projects entered for the award in the previous year which did not win may enter again if:
- They are still in progress;
- They have been changed/improved/expanded.
The winner will be chosen by a jury including
THE WINNER WILL BE AWARDED AT SAINT LUCIA GALA DINNER 2022 AND THE PROJECT
WILL BE PRESENTED AT ASSOSVEZIA MEMBERS’ ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING IN 2023
submit an entry
More than 90 companies have already chosen to join our Italian-Swedish business network. Take advantage of all the opportunities that our community can offer you, join Assosvezia now!